Anyone have the auto trans. towing fl... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

BNO BBS - BNO's Bulletin Board System » THE ARCHIVES » Year 2001 » May 2001 » Anyone have the auto trans. towing fluid tank setup? « Previous Next »

Jim Wilke (199.181.167.68)

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 10:28 am:   

There is a kit sold for supplying lube to an auto trans car while towing. It is a tank and valve you install in the tube between the trans and the cooler. Works by overfilling the trans while towing which floods the clutches & bearings that need lubrication. The extra fluid gets pumped back into tank when you are done towing.

I would like to hear how this has worked for anyone who has installed one.
Jim-Bob
madbrit (216.67.193.45)

Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 1:37 pm:   

Jim-Bob,
this was discussed sometime ago. The essence of the thread was that the system was not a good idea and there had been failures.
I have not used it, just remembering the discussion.
Peter.
jmaxwell (66.42.93.5)

Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2001 - 1:23 pm:   

Various makes of this have been around for years and they do have a history of failure with certain trans because of internal valving that prevents proper lubing. Personally, I don't see the Remco system as much better--it also does not work on many trans--Ford for 1. I'm on my 3rd pump in less than a year and the system has been a real pain in the ***. Best bet is to get a tow that the manufacturer says can be towed 4 down with no mods. Many tout Honda for towing; but, read the details of the warranty on a Honda and you will find out differently. Front wheel drive disconnects are usually hard to get to and drive line disconnects are hard to get properly balanced, not to mention the price of all these various systems. The cheap price of the flood system is deceiving.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration